Sacred Heart Elementary School has a strong, supportive, and committed parent community. Parents volunteer for many activities such as yard duty, chaperoning field trips, school improvements projects, campus clean-up days, fundraising, and anything else the school may need.
Every year parents at each grade level are invited to volunteer as Room Parents to help our classroom teachers organize and facilitate classroom activities, fundraisers, and celebrations. Parents are also encouraged to participate in the Parent Advisory Committee (PAC), to attend meetings, bring up ideas or concerns, and help facilitate various school activities and programs. PAC assists in organizing fundraisers such as: Football Mania, Cookie Dough Sale, Shakey’s Pizza Night, Movie Night, and the parish Fiesta. This committee also assists in communicating upcoming events and activities to the school community.
In the Spring of 2021, Sacred Heart will partner with Vision of Hope to offer a Parent Leadership & Family Engagement Program.
VISION OF HOPE’S – Parent Leadership & Family Engagement Program
Why Leadership and Engagement?
- Support family partners as children’s first teachers
- Develop more informed and confident leaders
- Encourage advocacy, unity, and participation
- Foster collective power to drive school priorities
- Strengthen school, parish & community relationships
- Family participation in education is 2X as predictive of student academic success as socioeconomic status
Call (562)774-6654 or email email@example.com to learn more!